Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Photoshop Process

Making a whole cup out of many. The inspiration for this idea came from David Hockney’s work with photographic collages (shown in posts below). A photographic collage can also be known as a Photomontage. A Photomontage is the process (and result) of making a composite photograph by cutting and joining a number of other photographs. From this I had the idea of putting all the cups together but joint to form just the one cup.I started of by importing photos of just the single cups. I then began selecting a small part of another cup and dragging them onto a basic cup. I repeated this process layer by layer till I go a basic shape of a Cup. This process is shown on the Left and below. Overall I'm pleased with the final image, but i think it looks to mix and match, the single parts of the cup doesn't stand out, it's just overshadowed but the part next to it or next to that. I think if i did this next time i would make it so it was vertical stripes, each stripe would be a different cup. I think this would look a lot more appealing and professional than the first attempt. 


1
2

3
4 (final image)





1 comment:

  1. Hi
    A professional studio shoot which has been evidenced in a thorough manner. It clearly shows you influence from your research of David Hockney.
    You have shown that you can then apply this approach via Photoshop into your own final outcomes. The whole point of any research is that draw some influence and inspiration from it and add value to your own photography and designs.

    Criteria met in capture the cup;

    P1, P2, P3, P4, M1, M2, M3


    Steve

    ReplyDelete